Virtual Mediation Lab is an online mediation project sponsored by the Association for Conflict Resolution Hawaii Chapter. Featured in the 2013 ACResolution Magazine issue on Innovation and Conflict Resolution, its 3 goals are:
- To help mediators from around the world practice and improve their skills – for FREE – by participating with other mediators and a Coach in online mediation simulations
- To teach mediators how to mediate online and integrate face-to-face, online and mobile mediation
- To promote mediation and online mediation worldwide
1 – Practice and Improve Your Mediation Skills Online – FREE (Starting Monday, May 5, 2014)
Since January 2012, we have run more than 100 online mediation simulations to help mediators from 30 countries practice and improve their skills online. To learn how it works, watch the slide presentation and the video below.
Actual Online Mediation Simulation – 1 Hour and 55 Minutes
If you are interested to watch other online mediation simulations run in different languages (Italian, French, Spanish, German, Greek, Polish, Romanian, Thai), applying different mediation methods (facilitative, transformative and narrative), or using PC, Mac and Mobile Devices click here
2 – Learn to Mediate Online and Integrate Face-to-Face, Online & Mobile Mediation
This 2-min video shows you an example of online mediation with PC and mobile devices in a Homeowner v Contractor case.
1-Hour One-on-One Introduction to Online Mediation with PC, Mac and Mobile Devices
Learn from Giuseppe Leone, founder of Virtual Mediation Lab:
- What Makes Online Mediation Similar to – and Different from – Face-to-Face Mediation
- Live DEMO
- 3 Benefits of Online Mediation
- What to do Before an Online Mediation Begins
- Which Cases are Suitable for Online Mediation
- How to Integrate Online and Face-to-Face Mediation
- Why Mediation Skills and Experience are More Important Than Technology
- How to Choose a Video Conferencing Software for Online Mediation (and Why We No Longer Use Skype)
- Q&A Session
This 1-hour hands-on training is for:
- Individual mediators who have attended a basic or advanced mediation training: $50 – Sign Up
- Groups of mediators who belong to the same mediation center or ADR organization.
Read the comments of 7 members of the Association for Conflict Resolution Chicago Chapter who participated in our training. In this case, the cost of the training depends on the number of participants. To receive a quote, send an email
3 – Help Us Promote Mediation and Online Mediation Around the World
Showing What Mediation Means in as Many Languages as Possible
We have already run and video recorded online mediation simulations in 9 languages– English, German, French, Italian, Polish, Spanish, Romanian, Greek and Thai — sometimes with bilingual mediators, as in this video of a workplace discrimination dispute in English and German.
Webinars on Online Mediation
Webinars are very effective for explaining and demonstrating what online mediation means, how it works, and how to integrate face-to-face and online mediation. If you are interested in a 1-hour Virtual Mediation Lab webinar on Online Mediation – like the one shown below for the Association for Conflict Resolution Chicago Chapter – please contact us by phone or email