On September 26, 2013 we ran and video recorded the second online mediation simulation with volunteer mediators from 3 NAFCM Community Mediation Centers:
- Mediation Center of Greater Green Bay in Wisconsin
- Volunteers of America Northern New England in Maine
- Volunteers of America Western Washington in Washington
For more information about NAFCM (National Association for Community Mediation) click here
Our simulations consist of 4 parts:
- Part 1 – 60-min Mediation Session
Mediators can play the role of mediator, co-mediator, one of the parties, attorney or union representative in a family, commercial or workplace dispute
- Part 2 – 30/60-min Debriefing Session
All mediators/participants and their Coach analyze and reflect on what happened during the mediation. What worked well – or not-so-well – and why?
- Part 3 – Video Recording of the Simulation
- Part 4 – Video Sharing
Mediators can improve their skills also by observing other mediators, who mediated the same case using different mediation methods, techniques or personal style
To watch examples of online/mobile mediation simulations click here.