On Saturday, October 27, 2012 the Mediation Center of the Pacific will host a panel presentation titled “Perspectives on When Mediation is Appropriate in Different Arenas: Tips from the Pros”. The panelists are Dawn Chang, Chuck Crumpton, Giuseppe Leone, Bruce McEwan.
Tracey Wiltgen, MCP Executive Director, will moderate the group discussion, and ask each panelist the following questions:
- What is your individual approach to mediating in diverse areas?
- How you modify the mediation process for your particular area or for different issues?
- Provide a story highlighting a best practice with your unique style
- What was one of the greatest challenges you encountered in a mediation and how did you overcome that challenge?
- Provide your best tips (mediation tools & strategies) for the new mediators
During the group discussion I will also talk briefly about our pilot project Virtual Mediation Lab, whose goals and results will be presented in detail on Thursday, November 1 during Cyberweek 2012, the annual virtual conference on Online Dispute Resolution.