- Lisa (USA) – Mediator
- Pauline (Northern Ireland) – Party 1
- Ramon (Andorra) – Party 2
- Giuseppe (USA) – Coach
THIS CASE IN A NUTSHELL
A training on Social Media for Restaurants that a Management Consultant had prepared for a large company (his best customer) got postponed without a firm date. In the meantime, the Consultant had already incurred some expenses. In addition, he had also turned down another project with a different customer.
The company that had ordered the training, however, is reluctant to make any commitment as to when it will be held.
LESSONS LEARNED (Discussed During the Debriefing Session)
- Why the mediator’s opening statement for Online Mediation should cover some topics which are not necessary in face-to-face mediation
- Why it is important to find out ASAP if both parties have the authority to negotiate and approve a mediated agreement
- Who should decide whether to have Joint or Private sessions: the Mediator, the Parties? Both?
- How to detect when there is a power imbalance between the parties and what to do about it
WATCH THE ENTIRE SIMULATION
To watch the 108-min video of the entire simulation in streaming on your PC, Mac or mobile device for only $5 click here
WATCH MORE SIMULATIONS
Take a look at all other simulations we have video recorded, so you can also learn by watching other mediators in action – click here