- Nichelle (Maryland, USA) – Mediator
- Vickie (California, USA) – Party 1
- Deborah (Florida, USA) – Party 2
- Giuseppe (Hawaii, USA) – Coach
THIS CASE IS A NUTSHELL
The owner of a famous bakery has promised to bake and deliver (as a favor) a $5,000 wedding cake.
But on the day of the wedding the cake could not be delivered.
And now the bride, a good friend of the bakery owner’s brother, is asking $20,000 in punitive damages.
LESSONS LEARNED (Discussed During the Debriefing Session)
- why the mediator’s opening statement worked so well.
- What the mediator did to establish a personal rapport with one of the parties.
- What it takes to make an apology work.
- When is the right time for sharing in private caucus the offer made by the other party.
WATCH THE ENTIRE SIMULATION
To watch the 92-min video of the entire simulation in streaming on your PC, Mac or mobile device for only $5 click here
WATCH MORE SIMULATIONS
Take a look at all other simulations we have video recorded, so you can also learn by watching other mediators in action – click here
WANT TO PRACTICE AND SHARPEN YOUR MEDIATION SKILLS FOR FREE?
Read our FAQ page and then fill out our Online Registration Form