- Ramon (Andorra) – Mediator
- Pauline (Northern Ireland) – Party 1
- Stephen (England) – Party 2
- Giuseppe (USA) – Coach
THIS CASE IS A NUTSHELL
2 siblings need to decide within 30 days what to do with the apartment of their grandma, who passed away recently. Otherwise, according to her will, her apartment will be donated to the Red Cross.
LESSONS LEARNED (Discussed During the Debriefing Session)
- What a Mediator can do when one party doesn’t have the authority to negotiate and sign an agreement reached in mediation.
- The importance of exploring the parties’ relationship in family cases like this.
- And what to do when the parties have no interest in such relationship.
- How a Mediator can find out what a case is really about.
- How to deal with power imbalance.
- What a Mediator can do when in private sessions it turns out that the maximum amount of money one party is willing to offer is higher than the minimum amount the other party is willing to accept.
WATCH THE ENTIRE SIMULATION
To watch the 2-hour video of the entire simulation in streaming on your PC, Mac or mobile device for only $5 click here
WATCH MORE SIMULATIONS
Take a look at all other simulations we have video recorded, so you can also learn by watching other mediators in action – click here
WANT TO PRACTICE AND SHARPEN YOUR MEDIATION SKILLS FOR FREE?
Read our FAQ page and then fill out our Online Registration Form