- Ramon (Andorra)- Mediator
- Deborah (USA) – Party 1
- Michelle (South Africa) – Party 2
- Giuseppe (USA)- Coach
THIS CASE IN A NUTSHELL
Two siblings receive an old painting from their Mother as a gift.
They agree that one sibling will keep it, until they decide what to do with it. But by the time the other sibling wants to sell their painting and split the proceeds, things have become more complicated.
Neither sibling wants their Mother to know what happened.
LESSONS LEARNED (Discussed During the Debriefing Session)
- What a Mediator can do when one Party wants to have a private session, but the other Party is against it.
- What happens when one party asks the Mediator NOT to share a crucial piece of information, which would be very useful for the other Party to know.
- Why several times the Mediator felt “lost” and how he managed to stay calm and remain neutral.
- The Mediator’s danger of trying to do too much in a 1-hour session.
- What are all the issues that need to be discussed? And in which order?
WATCH THE ENTIRE SIMULATION
To watch the 116-min video of the entire simulation in streaming on your PC, Mac or mobile device for only $5 click here
WATCH MORE SIMULATIONS
Take a look at all other simulations we have video recorded, so you can also learn by watching other mediators in action – click here
WANT TO PRACTICE AND SHARPEN YOUR MEDIATION SKILLS FOR FREE?
Read our FAQ page and then fill out our Online Registration Form