- Fiona (Australia) – Mediator
- Joanne (Australia) – Party 1
- Deborah (USA) – Party 2
- Giuseppe (USA) – Coach
THIS CASE IN A NUTSHELL
$5,000 personal loan between 2 cousins. Their agreement was verbal and unclear as to when the money should be paid back.
One month later, no money has been paid yet.
In the meantime, one cousin has been seen around with the other cousin’s ex spouse. And the 2 cousins are not talking to each other anymore.
LESSONS LEARNED (Discussed During the Debriefing Session)
- Why both parties felt at ease and “in good hands” with their mediator.
- Why the mediator’s decision to use an Online Whiteboard proved so effective – twice.
- At the beginning, for listing the 3 issues that both parties wanted to discuss.
- At the end, for writing up the parties’ agreement.
- Online mediation vs face-to-face mediation. Why what the mediator did online was exactly what she would have done face-to-face with the parties.
WATCH THE ENTIRE SIMULATION
To watch the 2-hour video of the entire simulation in streaming on your PC, Mac or mobile device for only $5 click here
WATCH MORE SIMULATIONS
Take a look at all other simulations we have video recorded, so you can also learn by watching other mediators in action – click here
WANT TO PRACTICE AND SHARPEN YOUR MEDIATION SKILLS FOR FREE?
Read our FAQ page and then fill out our Online Registration Form