- Jeffrey (USA) – Mediator
- Deborah (USA) – Party 1
- Carol (Trinidad) – Party 2
- Giuseppe (USA) – Coach
THIS CASE IS A NUTSHELL
Three months ago a roommate lost her job, and stopped paying her 50% share of the rent to her roommate/cousin.
Both cousins would like to continue being roommates, but their relationship is now so bad they can’t even talk to each other.
LESSONS LEARNED (Discussed During the Debriefing Session)
- How to address both substantive and relational issues during mediation.
- Why the mediator later realized he could have paid more attention to the parties’ feelings and need to be heard.
- What does success mean in mediation – for the mediator and for the parties?
- What happens when the mediator spends much more time in private meeting with one party than with the other.
WATCH THE ENTIRE SIMULATION
To watch the 110-min video of the entire simulation in streaming on your PC, Mac or mobile device for only $5 click here
WATCH MORE SIMULATIONS
Take a look at all other simulations we have video recorded, so you can also learn by watching other mediators in action – click here
WANT TO PRACTICE AND SHARPEN YOUR MEDIATION SKILLS FOR FREE?
Read our FAQ page and then fill out our Online Registration Form