- Pauline (Northern Ireland) – Mediator
- Deborah (USA) – Party 1
- Ramon (Andorra) – Party 2
- Giuseppe (USA) – Coach
THIS CASE IS A NUTSHELL
Two Sales Managers are interested to launch and run a new European Branch office in Madrid, Spain for their company.
But only one of them can get that job. If they don’t agree, their CEO/Company owner will hire someone else.
The stakes are high. The manager who is successful in Europe would be a good candidate for becoming the company’s next CEO.
Each Sales Manager needs also to convince their families that moving to Europe is a good idea.
LESSONS LEARNED (Discussed During the Debriefing Session)
- Why mediating online requires having a Plan B, in case of technical difficulties.
- What a Plan B entails and why it should be explained to the parties right away.
- What if the parties don’t have the authority to reach a final agreement in mediation.
- How to explain clearly the difference between mediation and counseling.
- What can happen when in private session the mediator spends much more time with one party than with the other party.
- How the mediator managed to keep both parties focused on the problem to be resolved.
- Why both parties felt fully satisfied with the outcome of this 1-hour mediation and the agenda for the next session.
WATCH THE ENTIRE SIMULATION
To watch the 2-hour video of the entire simulation in streaming on your PC, Mac or mobile device for only $5 click here
WATCH MORE SIMULATIONS
Take a look at all other simulations we have video recorded, so you can also learn by watching other mediators in action – click here