- Pauline (Northern Ireland) – Mediator
- Nichelle (USA) – Party 1
- Joanne (Australia) – Party 2
- Giuseppe (USA) – Coach
THIS CASE IN A NUTSHELL
An employee has filed a verbal harassment complaint against her Supervisor. She expects an apology in writing.
The supervisor believes that there is nothing wrong with her behavior. And she thinks the real reason of the employee’s complaint is that she didn’t get a bonus, like all other employees in her department.
LESSONS LEARNED (Discussed During the Debriefing Session)
- How the mediator went about this case even though she had no information whatsoever about it beforehand.
- Why the mediator added something else when she explained to the parties that mediation is voluntary.
- Why in this case the mediator decided to have several private sessions with each party.
- Why that decision proved to be effective.
- How the mediator made both parties aware that, besides trying to resolve the issues at hand, they also needed to consider their future relationship.
WATCH THE ENTIRE SIMULATION
To watch the 82-min video of the entire simulation in streaming on your PC, Mac or mobile device for only $5 click here
WATCH MORE SIMULATIONS
Take a look at all other simulations we have video recorded, so you can also learn by watching other mediators in action – click here
WANT TO PRACTICE AND SHARPEN YOUR MEDIATION SKILLS FOR FREE?
Read our FAQ page and then fill out our Online Registration Form