By watching the 72-min video below, HR managers can see how a neutral mediator can help supervisors and employees communicate and, hopefully, resolve their workplace dispute.
And mediators can also see:
- How “transformative” mediation works, and differs from “facilitative” mediation
- How our simulations via Skype can help mediators improve their skills, and learn from each other
This VML simulation consists, as usual, of 2 parts: a mediation session, and a debriefing session, for all 4 mediators to discuss together (and learn from) what happened during the mediation. The mediators you see in the video are:
- Dan Simon (Minnesota, USA), who played the Mediator’s role
- Lisa Jacobs (Hawaii, USA), who played the Employee’s role
- Ben Davies (United Kingdom), who played the Supervisor’s role
- Giuseppe Leone (Hawaii, USA) – Coach and Project Manager of Virtual Mediation Lab
For more information on Transformative Mediation (e.g. books, videos, articles, associations) click here.
To watch more videos click here.
PLEASE NOTE – We no longer use Skype for our Virtual Mediation Lab online mediation simulations. To learn why, sign up for our 1-hour Introduction to Online Mediation with PC Mac and Mobile Devices. One of the topics we cover during that training is “How to Choose a Video Conferencing Software for Online Mediation”.