The know-how to mediate online via Skype will be provided by mediator Giuseppe Leone, founder of Virtual Mediation Lab, an online mediation project sponsored by the Association for Conflict Resolution – Hawaii Chapter to help mediators around the world:
- Practice and improve their mediation skills
- Learn how to mediate online
by participating – with other mediators – in online simulations via Skype
MCP’s objective is to start using this new capability:
- To better serve clients in Divorce or Paternity cases where one party is not on Oahu or in Hawaii
- To expand the availability and accessibility of mediation to more cases involving the elderly who may be home-bound, have mobility issues, or who have concerned family members who are not on Oahu or in Hawaii
1 – Training Agenda
- Watch together “Online Mediation via Skype Made Simple” – 75-min Video Tutorial for Mediators
- Observe how Giuseppe Leone runs an online mediation via Skype — with joint and private sessions, online whiteboard, documents sharing, online Agreement Draft writing — with two parties who live in different cities, states or countries
- Take turns and perform the tasks indicated above
2 – Seating is Limited: Reserve Your Seat Now
If you are a volunteer mediator for the Mediation Center of the Pacific and you are interested to attend this training, contact Nathan Nikaido by phone: (808) 521-6767 x 225 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 22, 2013.
PLEASE NOTE – We no longer use Skype for our online mediation simulations. Instead, we now use a video collaboration software called Zoom (Pro version)
Virtual Mediation Lab Training in Online Mediation
Learn more about our training in online mediation for mediation centers, ADR organizations and individual mediators.