- Susannah (Vermont, USA) – Mediator
- Deborah (Florida, USA) – Party 1
- Kelly (Michigan, USA) – Party 2
- Giuseppe (Hawaii, USA) – Coach
THIS CASE IS A NUTSHELL
Two Sisters Who Own & Live Together in an Apartment in San Francisco Need to Make Some Important Decisions About Their 17-Year-Old Niece Elizabeth, After She Lost Both Parents in a Car Accident in Australia.
- Can Elizabeth Fly Back to the USA and Live with Them?
- Which College Should She Attend – a Community College or a Prestigious, Private College?
- How Will Both Sisters Share Her Tuition?
- If They Can’t Reach an Agreement Within 30 Days, Their Niece Elizabeth Will Stay in Australia.
LESSONS LEARNED (Discussed During the Debriefing Session)
- Why In This Case the Mediator Felt It Was Not Necessary to Have Private Sessions.
- Why Both Parties Felt At Ease With Their Mediator and Found Her Neutral & Empathic.
- Why Both Parties Found Useful to Participate in Mediation.
WATCH THIS SIMULATION
To watch the 100-min video of the entire simulation in streaming on your PC, Mac or mobile device for only $5 click here
WATCH MORE SIMULATIONS
Take a look at all other simulations we have video recorded, so you can also learn by watching other mediators in action – click here