Giuseppe Leone, founder of Virtual Mediation Lab, a project sponsored by the Association for Conflict Resolution Hawaii Chapter, believes that online mediation offers two important benefits.
First, it can be very useful for resolving disputes when parties:
- Have a mobile device: e.g. Ipad, iPhone, Android tablet or smartphone
- Want or need to settle their dispute as soon as possible, with the assistance of a neutral mediator
- Cannot afford an in-person mediation
Second, given that most people already have and use regularly a mobile device, online mediation can open up new business opportunities, especially for young, innovative mediators.
To demonstrate those two benefits of online mediation, Virtual Mediation Lab is seeking college students trained in mediation, willing to play the mediator’s role or the role of one of the parties/roommates in 3 online mediation simulations in October 2017.
- Computer (PC, Mac) and/or mobile device (Ipad, iPhone, Android tablet or smartphone) with fast Internet connection
- Having completed a basic or advanced mediation training
- Being available in the afternoon (Eastern Time) in October for participating in a 1-hour online roommate mediation simulation
1-HOUR ORIENTATION VIDEO CONFERENCE
Students selected to participate in this project will be invited to attend a 1-hour orientation video conference with Giuseppe Leone Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 4:00pm ET in order to:
- Understand better how Virtual Mediation Lab online roommate mediation simulations work
- Ask any questions they may have about this project
At the end of our online roommate simulations, Virtual Mediation Lab will organize a free webinar to present and discuss the experience of the college students who participated in this project.
Due to the high number of students who have applied for our project, we don’t accept other applications.
If you have any questions, please contact Giuseppe Leone